Soon after moving to NYC metro in 1998 I found Democracy Now!, the world's largest independent media collaboration. The equity-focused stories from local, city, state, national and international sources, and the work of Amy Goodman, Juan Gonzalez, and their team shape my teaching, writing, scholarship, and advocacy in assisting K-16 students, families, educators, and other stakeholders focus on equity including:

• Anti-Violence
  • Civil & Human Rights
  • Educational Equity/Closing Gaps
  • Environmental & Health
  • Freedom of Expression/Freedom from Surveillance
  • International
  • LGBTIQQA
  • Participatory Democracy/Challenging Corporatization

Progressive, independent, noncorporate journalists report the inequities and provide opportunities for all of us to solve them. I have collected close to 1000 quotes illustrating the above issues, many of which are from interviews and articles featured on three of the best independent news sources around the world: Democracy Now!, The Guardian, and The Intercept. To read the quotes, go to the lefthand tool bar and click on the arrow for Equity Quotes Main, which will feature a drop-down menu of the 8 categories above and click on that category name to find the quotes. I am in the process of putting them in the above 8 categories, for now, all the entries are in the anti-violence equity quotes tab. As I have time, they will be shifted to the other categories.