Quotes from a faculty interview:

“First, the process really has made me think about how I'm assessing student learning, and the pilot has triggered an authentic and reflective and constant dialogue - sometimes it's an inner dialogue - but mainly it's between the team, all of us.”

“We [spoke about assessment] in our departments and at the Division level - especially in terms of accreditation. But, this seems - feels - different. Now we have no choice but to delve deeply into our practices, our beliefs, our perceptions of what assessment is and what it should look like to us - but to our students, as well.”

“[There is a] tension between what I've started calling the "two faces of ePortfolio" - the creative face and the assessment face, and at times, I really struggle to balance using ePortfolios as strictly an assessment tool, as opposed to a tool to highlight student expression and learning.  I think it can be used for both. But, I keep shifting back to thinking, 'Well, how will this show they've met the standards?' “

[I am considering how to] let go of trying to control the learning process and make it so neat and organized.”