The time went by fast. It all felt so serious as we began to take part in leadership experiences wearing a new lense. We were trained at Lehman College, and we each brought a piece of that into our schools. Our belief system was influencing our participation as a leader in our school and in other settings as well.

I particulary enjoyed observing, which for me, would seem unusual. I was able to take in the contextual variables, hear the subtext, understand the agenda, and how they all played a leading part in everything I was about to do. Completing tasks was not just about having a vision. A lot of time and energy goes into the logistics of putting together a professional development, an inquiry team plan, feedback for an observation, scheduling in 8 mini observations, and finding the time to do it all well.

Understanding the scope of the systems needing to be in place for the school to function successfully can be daunting. Seeing how everything in a school is tied together in some way, and knowing that no matter how hard you work, things may not always go your way is extremely frustrating. I have had to work on my patience as I saw things I disagreed with, and learn how to say things in a way that it will facilitate postive outcomes. Time management was always a challenge for me as I worked through the leadership experiences. Interfacing with collegueas was also very challenging at times. Having a sense of urgency and passion, and being met with apathy and indifference is difficult to make sense of. However, all of the leadership experiences gave me a window into the world of an administrator. I am thankful now because I have a clearer perspective of how a school runs.